WHO ARE WE?
Air Placed Concrete is a reputable shotcrete company serving the great Seattle area as well as portions of surrounding states. Extensively trained and fully equipped, we offer top of the line air placed concrete services for your various construction needs.
Shotcrete has all of the advantages of standard concrete materials, such as its high tensile strength, durability, fire retardation, low permeability, and thermal efficiency. Shotcrete will match and even out-perform most standard concrete construction as its direct application to surfaces increases density and enhances its characteristics.
Almost any surface is suitable for applying fresh mix Shotcrete to: wood and steel forms, even plastic and polystyrene. In many applications either only a one-sided form is required, or no form at all. This means that application can be completed in very short times, often a fraction of that with traditional methods, even on overhead or highly complex shapes.
The near or even total elimination of the need for forms is one of shotcrete’s greatest advantages. The design, construction, transport, installation, and eventual removal of the forms used to support fresh concrete while it sets enough to support its own weight is often the most expensive and labor intensive parts of construction
FACTS ABOUT THE BENEFITS OF SHOTCRETE:
- Formwork savings of 50 to 100% over conventional cast-in-place construction;
- Formwork does not have to be designed for internal pressures;
- Complex shapes require very little, if any, formwork;
- Crane and other equipment savings or elimination;
- Labor savings of at least 50% in repair applications;
- New construction speed savings of 33 to 50%;
- Speed of repair reduces or eliminates downtime;
- Better bonding to the substrate, which enhances durability;
- Adaptability to repair surfaces that are not cost-effective with other processes; and
- Ability to access restricted space and difficult-to-reach areas, including overhead and underground.